Messing around...


Been messing a bit with my avatar.

Well, it was the moment of the year for it in fact.

Received a number of updates, so why not tweak a bit then with everything.

I am in fact a very basic standard market avatar, Catwa head, Maitreya body. OK, I have added the V - Bento from Session to it, and that is it. Hair and so are paraphranelia that get easily changed, so I don't consider them as body parts.

Now I was using as skin a LAQ (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LAQ/154/67/23one, and was rather pleased with it. But now I notices that the main activity of Sessions are skins, so I decided to give it a try and check their skin set out.

And I was stunned by the result.

They do take another approach. In fact they have one skin, in a number of tones, so up to this very simple. Their skin is developped specific for BoM (Bakes on Mesh https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/bakes-on-mesh-r1512/), but instead of creating a number of skins with different details, they went another way.

Their approach is one skin, multiple possible human tones, and then using the tattoo layer of the standard avatar (not the mesh layers) add certain details to it. 

So if you want a nice six-pack, just wear the tattoo for it, or freckles, well there is a tattoo for it.

Next to that, they split the body in the skin from the head, and created skins specific for the major head types, like CatWa, Lelutka, and so on.

And the effect is there. Just wearing the skins, and letting BoM get to work, resulted in a nice detailed skin on me, with the specific details I wanted, and of course a good blend of the skin on their V - Bento genitals by the BoM.

OK, I know that the Sessions skin can be a tad high in prioce, but they are word it. So visit their shop, and have a go for it. It is more than worth it.

Head: CatWa Kathy

Body: Maitreya Lara

Genitals: Sessions V - Bento

Skin: Sessions Skins - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/kunst/177/185/23



Popular posts from this blog

Setting up a gallery (part 2)...

Welcome to my blog