I have an idea...


I was wandering in SecondLife recently like usual. And I ran into some kiosks that allowed you to click a link or to buy an in-world copy of a magazine.

I also noticed that most of the magazines look for a public towards clothing and their trends. And often consists of a 50/50 mix of advertisements and articles.

So in the end I was pondering and building the spark of an idea I had, and I started experimenting.

Now let's first tackle the idea. 

Let's imagine a magazine that although general, is a part directed towards the photographers in SecondLife. But on the other side it should also opens another view on places in SecondLife.

The content I had for my eyes was more a mix of sim explorations that are photo attractive, model portfolio presentations, tips and tricks, and so on.

I did experiment a bit with the software I had to see if I could come to a "blueprint", "draft", "sketch" of how I would see it.

I spend some hours on it, and one of my first action points has become "Forget it if you are going to do it alone."

So here comes the catch.

If you have interest in the idea, and feel that you coul dcontribute to it. Then feel free to contact me either in-world, or by email on the address melanie.laura.thompson [at] gmail.com.

And we can always come together and discuss about it.

Of course working on it would be freelance, and voluntary. But it can be seen as bringing your art to the bigger public. And this can be your art as a writer, or photographer, or even as explorer.

The contents as I was seeing it, is more a combination like tips & tricks, sim exploration, model shoot, gadgets and huds, and so on...

And this over something to start like 40 pages or so.

We can always discuss on how we communicate and come together to exchange our creations and build the magazine.

Popular posts from this blog

Setting up a gallery (part 2)...