The quest for applications


When you ask a SecondLife photographer which tool he or she uses to work on his snapshots, the most standard answers are either GiMP, or Adobe PhotoShop.

So when I started I tried these also.

And yes, I know, Adobe PhotoShop is very good, except what struck me the most whas the price for it on a monthly base.

GiMP is also good, except I had too much trouble to find my way in it, and get a decent result. I would say GiMP is build for the geeks by the geeks. And I am not a geek...

So I looked further, and finally dropped in my google search on the application suite of Affinity, a U.K. company, and decided to give them a try as they had what I needed.

Their price looks decent, and I downloaded their software for the trial of 90 days.

And to be honest, they have a good structured approach in their way of working. You get the applications quickly in your hand (fingers), and the results are there quickly.

And most of all, they exist on Windows PC and macOS.

The only thing I missed, was an application like Adobe Lightroom to work easily on a batch of pictures quickly, and for that I found and use now the application RawTherapee, a freeware software which achieves the same result.

And using the applications of Affinity also gave me 3 additional sites for stock photos for free, as I love to use pictures to bring the attention to my articles.

The sites they use directly from their applications are UnsplashPexels and Pixabay. The advantage for sure in their applications, that you don't even need to go to your browser, but can do searches in these 3 sites directly, and just do a drag and drop of your search results.


Popular posts from this blog

Setting up a gallery (part 2)...

Welcome to my blog